It wasn’t that long ago when wired components were your only solution when designing a home security system. Forget placing a security camera on a countertop or managing your system with a mobile device. But, home security is not like it used to be, due in large part to the incorporation of wireless installations. You presently have an array of added perks at your disposal -- like remote access, components that connect and react to each other, and quicker installations. Wireless home security systems in Brooklyn will protect your home while making your life more convenient.
Important Considerations When Switching To Wireless
Maybe the most essential facet of wireless home security can be expressed through these two words - internet connection. If you have fast internet and a capable Wi-Fi router, you’re a good candidate for a wireless setup.
If you have concerns about power or internet outages, explore systems that have cellular and battery backups in place to sustain the link to your monitoring team without interruption.
In the event you make your home in a rural setting without stable internet or cellular coverage, a wired configuration will in all probability be a better choice. Or It may also benefit you from a financial standpoint to choose the traditional route if you live in a residence that already has wiring installed.
Benefits Of Wireless Home Security Systems
Both traditional wired and wireless home security systems in Brooklyn will boost your family’s protection, which is the main goal to begin with. On the other hand, if you welcome the chance of having the most advanced features, consider the benefits of wireless:
- Access from anywhere: Enjoy access to everything in your house from your locking systems to your security cameras from your mobile device using the ADT Control app. You can see footage from cameras, turn on your connected lights, and even activate your alarm system in the event you didn’t remember to do so. Whenever an intrusion or emergency does occur, you may have alerts dispatched right to your smartphone.
- Easy to install and customize: Forget about all the messy wiring, damage to drywall, and long installations. One of the greatest facets of wireless gadgets is that you can place them just about anywhere and in less time. If you wish to customize sometime in the future with other equipment, incorporating devices into your configuration is simple.
- Communications between devices: Wireless capability makes interactions between devices a possibility with speedy, two-way communications. Program your components to act in certain circumstances to boost your safety and discourage intrusions. For example, if your outside camera detects suspicious disturbances on your property, it can direct your entryway lights to engage.
Downsides Of Wireless Home Security Systems In Brooklyn
Despite the fact that wireless home security systems in Brooklyn have proven to be reliable, it’s only natural if you have a few reservations about using one. Let’s take a look at a handful of the most prevalent sources of concern:
- Battery-powered wireless components may stop working if the battery is depleted. While this might be true, your smart devices will send you a notification whenever batteries are low and need to be replaced.
- Sensors typically have to be placed within a specified distance from your home’s command center. ADT offers range extenders in some situations to boost your adaptability.
- Comparable to any computer network, the threat of hacking exists. But you are able to do things to greatly reduce the risk by using strong passwords, always changing default passwords or settings, and using a router with a built-in firewall. Additionally, you should only use security devices with encryption of 128-bit or more.
Thinking About Going Wireless? Contact Your Security Professionals
Have you decided to reap the benefits of the latest in Brooklyn wireless home security? Call (212) 553-6593 to talk to the security specialists at Secure24 Alarm Systems. Our experts will help you design the perfect package for your residence.