Pros And Cons Of Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In Brooklyn
You understand you need to safeguard your home. Beyond everything else, it offers shelter for your family and is where you have all of your possessions. But what type of home defense is best? Whether or not to get round-the-clock monitoring is one of the primary considerations you will make. Learn more about the advantages and drawbacks of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in Brooklyn and get a better sense of what’s ideal for you.
Important Distinctions Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you choose 24-hour monitoring, your home’s defense connects to a third-party monitoring team that is set to act at all times. If a door sensor triggers or a fire alarm starts to sound, your monitoring specialists receive a warning immediately. They quickly go to work to confirm the alarm and dispatch the proper first responders.
On the other hand, an unmonitored system doesn’t include professional backup. You might consider this alternative as self-monitored, which indicates that if your system is tripped, you have to respond to resolve it. This choice is the cheaper solution, but it also reduces your peace of mind.
Benefits And Downsides Of A Monitored Security System In Brooklyn
Here’s a brief look at the pros and cons of a monitored security system.
Advantages Of Monitored Systems
- Elevated security: Having a support system at the ready is always smart. If you are not on site, not awake, or without access to your cell phone, your property and those inside will still be safeguarded.
- Faster response times: Monitoring agents are always standing by to help. They’ll respond more quickly to alarms than you can alone.
- Insurance reductions: Monitored home security systems could make you eligible for a homeowners insurance discount.
- Superior components and seamless integration: By getting tools, installation, and monitoring from a respected home security provider, you will get access to a fully integrated system with components that may be superior to what you will find yourself.
Downsides Of A Monitored System
- Cost: You will have a monthly expenditure for monitoring.
- Usually required to use professional installation: Numerous residents would prefer to have the job completed by experienced professionals, but some DIYers might want to do it by themselves.
- Must sign a contract: You will typically have to sign a contract when opting for monitoring. This arrangement will be acceptable for many as home security is something you will want long term.
Pros And Cons Of An Unmonitored Security System In Brooklyn
Here’s a short rundown of the pros and cons of an unmonitored security system.
Pros Of An Unmonitored System
- Affordability: You won’t have a monitoring charge.
- Install on your own: DIYers might think of this as a pro as they can install the system themselves and circumvent an extra fee. Other people will prefer going with an experienced technician.
- Higher Level of Flexibility: You may integrate components when you wish - and from any manufacturer. However, you may find assembling into a fully connected system more challenging.
- Control: There won’t be an outside company monitoring your home’s defense. If an emergency takes place, it’s up to you to get assistance.
Downsides Of An Unmonitored System
- No support: What happens when you’ve misplaced your phone and don’t receive a security alert? This circumstance will lead to more stress and less peace of mind.
- Demands your complete attention: As you are the sole person in charge, you must always stay connected to your home security app.
- Hooking up the system is up to you: If you want assistance during an install, you may have to employ someone else. The installation is also likely to be slower.
Defend Your Property With a Monitored Home Security System In Brooklyn
Get the round-the-clock support you deserve with a monitored home security system in Brooklyn from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We think you’ll agree that a fully integrated, monitored home security system is the right choice for your family. Dial (212) 553-6593 today to speak with our security experts.