Security cameras can simply be installed as a warning—a display that informs would-be thieves or intruders that “we’re always watching.” Or you can optimize your home security cameras to strengthen your home’s defenses.
Thankfully, modern security cameras are armed with a plethora of tools all built to deliver total protection for your home. Whether it’s recording capabilities and two-way talk or infrared night vision and fast action motion detection, these tools empower you to have the most from video surveillance in Brooklyn.
How To Set Up Your Brooklyn Home Security Cameras For Premiere Protection
The first step to improving your home security cameras is mounting your devices in the right areas around your home. Indoor security cameras should be placed in high traffic areas like the living room or family room. It’s also a smart notion to install a camera near main entryways, stairs, or other common areas criminals would have to pass to reach the rest of your home. Outdoor security cameras should provide a clear scene of your patio, drive, front and patio, shed, and other outdoor detached buildings, like sheds. Then access a view of your front porch through a discreet doorbell camera.
There are areas within your interior that aren’t quite as important to watch like bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements. Even if you have jewelry in your bedroom, placing a camera in the room could impact your privacy. Consider adding window or motion sensors if you need a measure of security in bedrooms.
Features That Optimize Video Surveillance
Camera placement is only the beginning in getting the utmost out of home security cameras in Brooklyn. The innovations described below help to optimize security and increase overall home safety.
- Motion detection: Get automatic notifications on your smart device the instant abnormal activity is detected. You can also program cameras to begin recording when motions are detected which serves to increase camera recording time.
- Storage and recording: Program your video surveillance to film and back up clips so you can view them later.
- Two-way audio: Most of modern security cameras have a built-in microphone and speaker so you are able to speak to people via the unit. With your security app, you can act like you’re home or welcome your kids as they arrive back from school.
- Wide angle lens: Field of view, or how wide camera footage is, provides a more complete view of an area. Opt for cameras that allow for a minimum of 120-degree wide angle lens or that can pan in a wide arc for superior visibility.
- Night vision: Ensure your security cameras come with either LED or infrared sensors that will capture clips of pitch black motion.
- Activity zones: Activity zones provide you the flexibility to guard single areas within your home.. For example, you can program your exterior camera to inform you of activity taking place on your yard or your driveway and ignore animals passing or foot traffic.
- Security app: mobile app, like ADT Control®, enable you to view live camera footage, move cameras, toggle on and off the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app can send instant texts when the see unusual motion around your home.
Get Your Security Cameras Today
Getting the most out of your home security cameras in Brooklyn is easier. From lightning quick motion detection to two-way audio, your home security is elevated from simply a deterrent to an unbreakable defense. Call (212) 553-6593 or submit the form below to get started building your home security and camera system today.