Today's smart security options are becoming more capable every year. Even so, it’s still easy to forget to do easy security tasks like activating your a home security system, shutting the garage door, or locking all your doors.
Would you like it if you didn’t have to worry about these chores ever again? With geofencing in Brooklyn, you won’t need to.
What is Geofencing In Brooklyn For your Security System?
Geofencing draws a virtual boundary a set distance from your property, which you may set up in your smart security app. This convenient tool then utilizes your cell phone to deduce when you cross the perimeter and then initiates pre-programmed actions or notifications.
How Is Geofencing Possible?
Geofencing is made possible by z-wave, a protocol for wireless communications that smart components utilize to communicate with one another. This technological advancement assists your home security by grouping all components onto one, unified network. You can draw a virtual “fence” around your house and program what actions you want to take place as you cross the boundary.
For example, when you pull away from your property, you may instruct your security system to engage door locks, lower the garage door, and arm your alarms. Then, when you arrive home for the evening, geofencing can notify your system to disable the alarm, raise the garage door, brighten first-floor lights, and even adjust your your home’s comfort levels.
Below are a handful of the devices you can control with geofencing:
● Smart lights and outlets
● Connected thermostats
● Surveillance and alarms
● Electronic devices like Stereos, TVs, and appliances
● Overhead doors
Schedules, Scenes, And Geofencing Are At Your Fingertips With Your Smartphone App
Geofencing is just one way you can utilize your home security system in Brooklyn. When accessing the mobile app, you can do a lot with smart home automation. In a few easy touches of the app interface, and you are able to:
● Program schedules: set your smart devices to engage at a specific time. Instruct your lighting to lower to tell you that it's time to turn in for the night, or deactivate your security alarms the first thing in the morning.
● Manage how devices interact: Make specific components activate when another element is triggered. Have your thermostat turn on the exhaust fan if the CO detector goes off. Or illuminate your smart bulb in the hallway if your surveillance system senses unusual motion in the yard.
● Customize scenes: Create custom room scenes with components that operate in concert with each other. Have your smart bulbs turn off, the temperature go down, and the smart door locks bolt at the end of the day. Or program the system for a movie marathon with preset light and thermostat adjustments.
● Geofence your security: You may not always remember to arm the security system as you're hurrying to get out the door. With geofencing functionality and your cell phone, you don’t have to worry about forgetting to turn on your alarms and shut the garage door.
Enjoy The Benefits Of Geofencing in Brooklyn
Whether you’re looking for additional peace-of-mind of a fully secured property whenever you drive away or you want to take advantage of home automation, geofencing is a wise choice. Speak with one of our representatives today at (212) 553-6593 or send in the form on this page to start designing your ideal security system.