Does A Home Security System Work In Brooklyn?
If you’re similar to a lot of homeowners, you need your property to be safeguarded at all times. but, will a home security system work in Brooklyn?
The quick answer: yes. That is if you order the best home security system. Not only can the sensors and alarms bring superior protection, the advanced devices has a level of efficiency and control you could not have thought possible. By using automation, video surveillance, and remote access through a mobile app, you can make your day [[easier|simpler] and safer while also saving money on energy expenditures.
Let's stop for a minute and learn why a home security system from Secure24 Alarm Systems is a great idea for your house.
Indispensable Security Needs
So you can ensure your Brooklyn home security system works to its potential, you need these necessary security components:
- Door and window sensors: You might find this weird, but plenty of intruders come into your home by your front door. The other most common entry points are backyard doors and ground-levelfirst-floor windows. For these reasons, window and door sensors are deemed the bedrock of your home security. When the security system is activated and your sensors are disturbed, the unmistakable, high-decibel alarm siren will go off and your 24/7 monitoring professionals will be pinged.
- Touchscreen smart hub: Get rid of those unresponsive pin pads, as easy-to-use touch screens now run your system. These screens can also control your smart home components, cameras, and 24 monitoring.
- Mobile security app: The topmost home security system allow you manage every part of your house through a mobile app. Now if an alarm or sensor senses something unusual, you have the option to get an instant text to your phone. Also, disarm and arm your alarms remotely, set smart door locks, adjust the thermostat and more.
- ADT decals and yard signs: While there isn’t technology in a small, blue yard sign or a window cling, they can alert a potential intruder that your home is protected.
But Does A Home Security System Lessen Your Likelihood Of A Burglary?
While it could feel like an overreaction to install alarms and download an app on a phone when you already use locks and live in a nice neighborhood, expert studies say that a security system will help protect your home. For example, a study out of Rutger University says that most burglars will actively stay away from houses with a home security system installed. Instead they’ll opt to hit an easier home that is unsecure.
That meshes with stats from the National Council For Home Safety and Security. Their stats state that most burglarized houses do not use a home security system. In other words, unprotected homes are 300% more likely to be broken into than homes that have an alarm system. And while showing that your property have an alarm helps dissuade break-ins, other components -- like smart lights and a doorbell security cameras -- can also boost your home security system.
Of course, modern home security can do more than ring an siren. Today you can add in some advanced components that make a home security system energy efficient and safe.
round-the-clock Monitoring Is The Best Backup Plan
Does a security system work in Brooklyn when they don’t use 24-hour monitoring? Using a backup plan is always the best bet and 24-hour monitoring from security experts can make certain the police or fire come faster after a triggered device.
Monitoring experts are there to watch your alarms day or night -- whether you are home or not. If you’re out and can’t hear an alarm, the monitoring agents get a hold of you and the proper emergency service after a triggered event occurs. Even when you’re still at home, you can make sure family members and animal are safe and accounted for.
Get Similar Monitored Services For Flood, Fire, and Emergency Medical Assistance
When you install your security system, you have the option to cover more than motion detectors. devices like fire alarms, carbon monoxide detectors, and flood sensors can be added to your complete home defense. If an environmental emergency is found, your components will act just like your door and window alarms. And when the loud bell goes off, your 24/7 monitoring agents are contacted, and a text will show up on your smartphone.
You can even use a panic button, which can be easily attached to you or a family member through a neck pendant, wrist band, or clip. If you have a fall incident or a medical problem, they can hit a two-finger button to call the monitoring team.
Find Safety, Convenience And Energy Savings With Home Automation
Modern smart home components bring you a level of management and comfort you’ve never got before. They can make your house more efficient and reactive. And when you connect automation to your home security, they can also make your property more secure. For example:
- Schedule your smart bulbs to make it feel like your house is full when you’re on vacation.
- Have your indoor smart lighting come on as a outdoor camera detects suspicious motion.
- Use your phone’s location services to secure your smart locks, turn off your smart lights, and decrease the smart thermostat when you go to work.
- Program custom scenes so you can pre-set your lights, smart thermostat, alarms, cameras, and other devices with one hit of a button.
- Or simply check up all your alarms and cameras and manage your devices through your mobile app.
Plus, think of the energy you’ll save with smart devices, and you’ll realize how much you will want a state-of-the-art home security system in Brooklyn. You can even manage your components with voice commands when you link your home security to your favorite smart speaker.
Maintain A Watch On Your Home With Smart Cameras
Security signage and proper lighting are wonderful burglary obstructions, but video surveillance can take your protection to a higher plane. The last thing a thief wants is to be caught on a video feed as the footage may be leveraged against them in a police investigation. You can install indoor, outdoor, and doorbell cameras, and all will allow you to see live feeds 24/7.
Do you want to see what’s the noise you heard in the back yard? Would you need to say hi to the kids when they get home from school? Has your package been delivered yet? All you need to do is to pull up the clip from your home security app. You might also allow texts on your smartphone whenever a guest comes on your porch or they detects sudden motion. You can then speak with who’s there with the two-way talk feature on the camera.
How To Find Your Home Security System In Brooklyn?
Want help to create a home security that works in Brooklyn? Our ADT professionals will assist in building the best alarms, automation, and security cameras that can be incorporated into one affordable package. Contact us directly at (212) 553-6593 or send in the form below.