What features do you need in a baby monitor in Brooklyn?
In previous generations of parenting, a baby monitor was really straightforward. You place a microphone-type device in close proximity to the crib, transmitting sound to a receiver that looks like a walkie talkie. Thankfully, baby monitors now have more options. To illustrate, some monitors now offer clear HD video capability and two-way talk. You may even link some monitors to your wireless network so you can move around wherever you want. The top baby monitors in Brooklyn are so advanced that they mimic indoor security cameras in both capabilities and price.
Would you replace your baby monitor with an indoor security camera?
Knowing that baby monitors and indoor security cameras incorporate many of the same features, you will find numerous residents in Brooklyn connecting their child’s bedroom to their home security system. It’s a smart approach -- especially if you’re upgrading to Vivint smart home technology -- as your baby monitor will include:
● Clear video with night vision: Your monitoring device should include 1080p high-def video, and infrared functionality for acceptable viewing of darkened rooms.
● 2-way communications: You won’t always have to go to the nursery to get your child back to a gentle slumber. A comforting word might be the only requirement to keep your little one sleeping.
● Motion sensors: While you can have your surveillance system stay on constantly to watch your baby sleep, your attentiveness could diminish over time. However, when your security camera detects anything unusual, you can configure it to deliver a text alert to your smartphone. This is helpful when the baby silently tries to climb up the crib or when your family dog noses into the nursery.
● Video recordings: Most baby monitors do not capture video footage. Today’s modern devices allow you to deliver a short segment to a relative or family friend to allow them a glimpse of what a peaceful, precious baby you have.
● Watch on your mobile device: Instead of carrying an external monitor wherever you go, you can view your child from your home security app. You can even check in on your tot and babysitter if you’re lucky enough to have a night out.